|Adam Richman's talk, "Exploring Fork First".|
Meet Adam Richman from Man vs. Food! I'm a huge fan of his, so you could only imagine how excited I was to see him today at The New York Times Travel Show at the Javits Center. He's a really awesome guy with great insight on where to eat all over the U.S. He described how his love affair began with food, while talking about all aspects of what his job entails. He was fun and inspiring - totally living my dream of being an expert food explorer.
Some fun facts I learned from Adam today:
- Likes to use Urbanspoon when searching for a restaurant review.
- Likes banh mi and chicken feet.
- His contract makes sure that all the hotels he stays at, has a gym.
- He does cardio exercise every day.
- Always does a cleanse after all his challenges.
- Lost 3O+ pounds since his last taping and is happy to see his feet again.
- His mom’s spinach pies are pretty awesome.
- Worst thing he’s ever eaten are nattos (Japanese fermented soybeans) and male fish eggs.
- He could not afford to watch cable tv until he was on cable tv.
- Misses his bed and Xbox when he’s on the road throughout the year.
- Kept a food journal since he was in college.
Aww... he's such a huggable teddy bear! Make sure to look out for his new show "Adam Richman's Best Sandwich in America". I'm really looking forward to it. :)